I had a doc appt yesterday and I am now 2cm dilated and probably close to 70% effaced. I was 50% last week and she said it has progressed some. So that is the good news! On the other hand, the doc is a little concerned about our (not so) little mans size. Last Friday he was weighing in at 8lbs 7oz, she is afraid he is going to be too big for me to deliver vaginally. she said that if she induced me then that I would end up having a c-section. I go back Monday morning for another u/s and go from there. If he is continuing to gain weight I may have to be induced at some point next week. I am really hoping that I will go into labor naturally to reduce my chances of having a c-section.
The though of having a c-section terrifies me! It will be so much harder to recover and I won't get to hold my little man until after recovery. Who knows how long recovery will take! Also, then I have to get an epidural. I do NOT want an epidural.
I am trying to not worry about it. We will find out everything on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment