Today is me and Joe's first anniversary! I can't believe it has already been a year, wow time sure does fly by. We headed to Lookout Mountain, GA on Friday. We stayed at a really cute Bed and Breakfast, our room was called the Vanilla Sky. It was really cute! the B&B had a cute dog that stayed around there, her name was Rita. Joe picked it out on his own, and did a very good job! We headed out Friday and made some stops along to the way to a few Battlefields and the George Dickel Distillery. It was a lot of fun just driving and taking random exits to see what we could find. We arrived at the B&B pretty late so we went to a local pizza place for dinner. We woke up early Saturday for breakfast and started the very very busy day! We went to all of the big tourist attractions ;). Started the morning out by going to Ruby Falls, it was pretty and a nice little hike through the cave. Next we went to Rock City, also very pretty and a LOT of walking. Rock City had a LOT of gnomes, to the point it was kinda creepy. They were seriously everywhere! haha. Then we went on the Railroad incline, it is the steepest incline that any train has done. It was pretty neat, but on the way back up you sit backwards, we actually stood up on the back so it was really cool. On the way down we were sitting behind this couple that was constantly giving each other little smooches, eskimo kisses and kept rubbing their faces together, it was horrible! I couldn't wait to get off of there! hahahah We ate dinner at the Canyon Grill, it was delicious! On the way back to the top of the mountain we stopped off on the side of the road and watched a few hand-gliders take off and land at the bottom. We would have done it but I doubt it's too safe for pregnant women, haha. We sat on the edge of the cliff and watched the sunset, it was beautiful! We had to stop at the Shell station on the way to get me a new toothbrush, I have become very clumsy here lately and dropped it on the bathroom floor. :( It was really funny actually. Today we went to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. It was a lot of fun, and they had lots of penguins! (For those of you who don't know, I LOVE penguins) We got Baby H a little stuffed penguin to put on the shelf.
Baby H is already starting to be well traveled like the two of us. We were talking about all the places we have been to and experienced just in our first year of marriage, it was a long list. I think shortly after Baby H is born we will slow down a bit but then I think we will continue our random road trips.
Well I am really tired and not being able to think of anything else...even though I know there is a ton I am leaving out! I will try making another post with pics from our Lake Tahoe trip and will add pics from this vacay another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment