Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Spit up, snot and sleep

Caleb is 7 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. My life now consists of cleaning up occasional spit up, sucking out the snot and trying to get some sleep (but we are pretty lucky in this department.)

Caleb has acid reflux, but before we knew that is what he had, I dealt with a lot of vomit! He would projectile vomit ALL OVER me. :(  I would be feeding him and the next thing I knew I was covered with spit up. It would break my heart! I felt that he did all this work to eat then a few minutes later all that hard work was all over the both of us. He never wanted to eat more so I felt like he was starving. It was a long few weeks, but I was so glad that I finally called the doc. The doc actually had him go through an upper GI, so he had to drink all that nasty chalky stuff, which was the first time he had a bottle. After the x-rays I found a little room to nurse him in since it was time (he had to go into the doc with an empty belly) well after he nursed for a few minutes he vomited all over the place! It was a disaster and had no way of cleaning it all up! OOPS!

And poor Caleb...I have a slight obsession with the booger sucker and go at his nose with it at any sign of snot or a booger! haha! I use to see people use that thing on their kids and it would make me sick to my stomach! So it's a little odd that I love it so much! I just want him to be able to breath, since he can't pick it or blow his nose yet. :)

Caleb does really well sleeping at night. During the first few weeks we were waking him every 3 hours to eat until one night I slept through my alarm clock at the 11 pm feeding and he slept right on through too! So the next night we put him to bed after his 8pm feeding and he didn't wake up until 2 am! Now he goes to bed after the 8pm feeding and wakes up somewhere between 4am to 5am to eat the goes back to sleep until about 7-8am!! It is pretty amazing, we are really lucky!

He has already changed so much, that is just crazy! But, will explain more of that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment