Monday, December 12, 2011

Adjusting to being a stay at home mom

I have worked since I was 15, sometimes I worked 2 or 3 jobs at one time! I have always been so independent, so now relying on someone else is a huge adjustment! I knew from the start that I wanted to stay home and raise our children instead of a group of strangers at a daycare. But, since quitting my job last June I have had mixed feelings and emotions. I struggled with not helping my family financially, being at the house ALL the time, feel like I wasted money and time to go to college to not use my degree and just overall feeling worthless. The last couple of days I have had to mentally give myself a huge pep talk!

I have realized that I have the BEST job in the world, might not be glamorous and doesn't bring in any money but I get to raise our son and be with him EVERY day - I won't have to worry about missing any milestones. I will be with him the first time he crawls, his first step and his first words! Seriously, what can be better than that?! Other parts of my job aren't as exciting - but part of my job is keeping the house clean, doing laundry, grocery shopping, preparing meals and so on. Obviously I did not go to college to be a stay at home mom/wife but I do take pride in the fact that I can say I graduated with my degree but sacrificed a career to take care of my family.

I have been very productive today even though the house is NOT spotless or even close! I have managed to do 3 loads of laundry, changed the sheets, dusted the WHOLE house (well except for the office and just now realized this lol), wrapped Christmas presents, went to the grocery all while taking care of Caleb. It will be a working progress on the house, I will clean a little each day until I get the hang of it better. Also, I am going to help Joe with the side business more which will reduce his stress level a lot and give me another goal to work towards. :) The last week or so has been very stressful for me but I must stay strong and keep praying! I do LOVE my life, my husband and my son more than anything/anyone else!

"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment