Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Intro

I am not too sure about this whole blog thing...but I guess I will give it a try. The main reason for the blog is to record everything about our first pregnancy! A little background...

Joe and I met in January of 2009, were engaged in December of 2009 and married on June 26, 2010! Our wedding was beautiful, I couldn't have asked for a better day! (Except for an air conditioner in the barn lol) We had a fabulous honeymoon on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean.

We had originally planned on waiting a few years before trying to conceive but considering our age (we are both 28 (umm yeah we are 27, but not for long lol) - not not old but we would like to have more than one child) and the fact that we are both ready I quit birth control in middle of December 2010. We aren't sure how either one of our moms will like this since both my mom and his mom  really wanted us to wait a few years. Well..February 4th we got our first positive!! Neither one of us could believe it! We both went to work but let that positive test consume our thoughts all day! :) I got off work around 4:30, went straight to Wal-mart bought another pack of test and went to the fire house. I took another test and was DEFINITELY positive, we hugged and I cried a bit and we were both pretty much speechless! Today I am exactly 5 weeks pregnant and have my first doctors appt on March 7, I can't wait! The appt will simply be blood work and paper work, and will have another appt around the 10 - 12 week mark. We aren't planning on telling any of our family until after our first appt.

I don't think it has completely set in to either one of us yet, I think once we hear the heartbeat it will. Today Baby H is only the size of an orange seed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment